CVN Statement on Diversity & Racial Justice
As members of the Catholic Volunteer Network, Nazareth Farm stands with their statement on Diversity and Racial Justice. This important work is ongoing, and Nazareth Farm commits to keep listening, learning, and acting.
Statement on Diversity and Racial Justice
Catholic Volunteer Network respects and upholds the dignity of all persons regardless of the identities they hold. As we expand our conversations and programming with our members about present day structural injustices and their ties to oppressive histories, CVN dedicates itself to pairing those discussions with action to stop our own participation in the systems of oppression.
We believe that creating a just and diverse environment is more than an ideal. These are our core commitments that we invite our members to share:
• We strive to create space for all persons to serve within the CVN community – regardless of differences.
• We welcome persons of every race, religion, culture, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or emotional ability, immigration status, economic situation, and family composition.
• We celebrate all persons regardless of where they may be on their spiritual journey. We value persons of all faith traditions, those with no faith tradition, as well as those who are questioning and exploring.
• We are guided by the light of goodwill, humility, and hospitality as we work to extend volunteer opportunities to all persons in all places.
• Our Christian roots form the foundation of our core commitments. We work to be a community that follows Jesus’ example. We stand in agreement with Catholic Social Teaching, which upholds the life, dignity, and equality of all human beings.
View full statement here.