Immediate Opening for a Project Coordinator
Home Repair Project Coordinator sought for Nazareth Farm, a Catholic volunteer community serving those in rural West Virginia by providing home repair and leading volunteers in the service work. See job description below listing.
The ideal candidate:
- has experience and ideally licensing in construction – especially roofing, interior repair, ramps;
- has experience and a desire to work with high school and college students;
- has experience and willingness to train staff and volunteers on home repair skills;
- has an openness to prayer, simplicity, and living in community.
Room, board, salary, and benefits provided. Living off-site is an option. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please put “Project Coordinator Search” in the subject line.
Job Description: Project Coordinator
Under the general direction and in collaboration with the Director, the Project Coordinator is responsible for staff development and worksite coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses home repair project requests with the Director
- Recommends and prioritizes projects based on need and ability
- Creates written plans and diagrams for selected projects including estimated costs, time, labor, and equipment needed for project completion
- Instructs Nazareth Farm volunteer staff on skills and techniques for leading home repair work-sites
- Monitors work sites through close contact with Nazareth Farm work site coordinators and homeowners/families
- Ensures that high school and college volunteers are properly trained and given safety instructions
Nazareth Farm Property Maintenance
- In conjunction with the Director, oversees property maintenance of Nazareth Farm buildings and grounds including day-to-day repairs, long-term planning, and safety needs
- Sets priorities and deadlines for completion of Farm projects in a timely manner
- Researches and purchases new tools and hardware (or solicits donors for these)
- Oversees maintenance and repair of Farm tools and hardware
Materials & Supplies
- Purchases and orders all materials and supplies for home repair projects
- Oversees the efficient use of materials and supplies
- Maintains accurate inventory of project supplies so that clients can be billed
- Processes receipts for project and farm improvement supplies
- Creates and delivers bills for homeowners
- Administers proper safety standards through orientations for volunteers, staff, and homeowners at the Farm and at all work-sites
- Maintains documentation related to work-sites
- Performs other construction administration tasks as assigned by the Director
Community and Public Relations
- Maintains a good relationship with the Project Consultant, a local person who can advise on difficult construction matters
- Works closely with the Director
- Communicates with home owners on their project application, timeline, and any concerns
- Is the contact person for local social service agencies requesting home repair help and maintains positive relationship with agency staff
- Upholds standards and values as described in “Responsibilities of Community Members” in the Community Handbook
- Two years construction experience with a working knowledge of basic home building skills including framing, roofing, drywall, porches/ramps, and trim work.
- Skill with plumbing, electrical, or related field is a plus but not required
- Ability to effectively teach staff and volunteers with different learning styles
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Office Suite and computers
- Knowledge of Sketch-Up (or something similar) and QuickBooks is a plus
- Open to collaborative ministry with volunteers and the people of the area
- Minimum of a two-year commitment